November 10, 2015
How to Show Your Home to Get Top Dollar
With a little extra effort on your part, you can make your home more inviting and appealing, get it sold more quickly, and get the best price. The following tips have proved invaluable to sellers and are worth your special attention.
Showing your home…
- When you leave the house in the morning or during the day, leave it as if you know it is going to be shown.
- Make sure the home smells good.
- Make sure all the lights are on.
- Let the sun shine in. Open window treatments and blinds.
- Make the beds and remove items from the floors.
- Wipe down the counters, sinks, tubs and faucets.
- Keep the kitchen counters uncluttered and remove dishes from the sink.
- Clean up after your pets. Clean litter boxes frequently and vacuum their hair.
- Turn off loud, noisy and disturbing television shows.
- If possible, play soothing background music. Keep the level low to avoid disturbing the buyers.
- Keep pets out of the way – preferably out of the house. Many people are uncomfortable around some animals and may even be allergic to them.
- Leave your premises. Take a short break while your house is being shown. Buyers are intimidated when sellers are present and tend to hurry through the house. Let the buyer be at ease, and let the agents do their job.
- If you have to stay – remain in the background. The buyer’s agent knows the buyer’s requirements and can better emphasize the special features that may appeal to the buyer.
With a this little extra effort, you will be able to get top dollar for your home.
For any other questions, contact us at 801-477-5454 or firstname.lastname@example.org