October 27, 2015
Starting Your Search for a New Home
Getting preapproved for a home loan is the first step you should take before searching for a new home. If you haven’t already been pre-approved for a home loan, make sure you get pre-approved before searching for a home or contacting a real estate agent so you have an idea of what you can afford and what you should (or should not) be looking for.
Around 80% of all home searches begin on the Internet. Through all the resources available, homebuyers can conveniently search through hundreds of online listings, view virtual tours, and sort through dozens of photographs and street views of neighborhoods and homes. You’ve probably defined your goals and have a pretty good idea of the type of home you want. By the time you reach your real estate agent’s office, you are halfway to home ownership.
Good real estate agents will listen to your wants and needs and arrange to show you only those homes that fit your particular parameters. Your agent should preview homes before showing them to you as well. If you are a motivated buyer, it shouldn’t take too long for you to find your new home.
When rating the inventory of homes you are shown:
- Bring a digital camera and begin each series of photos with a close-up of the house number to identify where each group of home photos start and end.
- Your agent can provide you with a print out of the listing for you to make notes on. Ask for a listing print out for every home you view to help you stay organized.
- Take notes of unusual features, colors, and design elements.
- Pay attention to the home’s surroundings. What is next door? Do larger homes tower over your single story? What is the parking situation like if you want to have guests over? Does the neighborhood seem well kept?
- Do you like the location? Is it near a park or a power plant?
Immediately after leaving, rate each home on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest. send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy our Home Inspection Form.
When you know how to start your search for a new home and you have a good agent to assist you, the home buying process should be enjoyable, and you can feel confident in your decision.
#DoubleRealty #Utahrealtor #BuyingaHomeinUtah #TopUtahAgents #ValWinward #UtahHomes #DoubleRealtyAgent #UtahRealEstate